My Lovely Friends

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Crafts & Me DT Card..........Vintage

Good morning my lovelies & what a beautiful morning it is up here on the north coast.....totally glorious.
Sorry I'm late this morning I've had a wonderful morning.....just the best & I've had some fabby news but I cant tell you just yet ;0)...........its so good tho I will be adding extra to my candy which will be ready next monday May 2nd.

Anyway onto my DT card & this week you have us Rockin Rubbah Girlies over at Crafts & Me Challenges
& this weeks its Angela's theme & she has chosen another of my fave themes....
VINTAGE
I love vintage & its give me an excuse to use this fabby stamp which is just perfect for vintage I think.
Teresa really does stock stamps for all themes & occasions.

I've inked distressed & rubbed everything to an inch of its life lol. I love this stamp & it really did seem perfect for this theme I thought. Another card with no colouring OMG lol & I've used 3 stamps for this card.

The first stamp is the postcard one which I really cant remember where I got it from but I really love this stamp. I stamped it with brown memento then inked it with vintage photo, distressed the edges then inked it again around the edges. The lace is from my fabric box & I just tied it in a bow & stuck a black feather behind the beady thingy's & of course the hat pin........Marilyn Monroe likes her bling!!

The ticket is also a stamp which had the same treatment. I then layered it up on some corrugated card which has been battered & inked & painted & had edges brassed a little lol.

The stamp is of course 'marilyn Monroe Sitting' from Stampsmith which you can get from Crafts & Me Store they are out of stock at the mo but Teresa does have the one where she has her dress flying.
To make it look vintage I made sure not to overload it with ink & stamped it on photo card. I sanded bits & then I added 'Crackle' accents but I didnt want it thick so I rubbed it over the image with my finger & then left to dry which didnt take long as its only a thin layer. I love how its turned out actually.
The mat I 've put it on is one of my new nesties I cut out using black card then put white chalk paint around the edge & rubbed it so you could still see the black & then heated ambossed it.
Papers altho you can barely see them are 'Paris Nights' by GCD. The doily is from my stash.
Bit of a different card for me but you know I dont like to stick to a style.......& I just love my embellies & vintage certianly needs it bellies & lace lol.
Hop along to the challenge blog cus the girls have made stunners again.
Teresa has the fabulous deco stamps back in stock, I ordered mine yesterday lol she also has new stampsmith ones in as well which are just fab so pop yourself over here for some r&r.
Cant wait see your creations this week.
Thank you soooooo much for popping in I sooooo appreciate it you all rock mmwah
Tatty bye for now............
Challenges I'm Entering......
http://creativecraftchallenges.blogspot.com/ - Recycling (corrugated cardboard from a box)
http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com/ - Pile It On (think there is about 7 layers lol)


Edited to add.....Will be back later to tell you my fantastic news!!!




33 comments:

cebelica said...

My goodness hun, this one is a TOP! You know I love vintage look and this card is just AMAZING!!! Hugs!

Teri said...

OMG!! Totally Fantabulously Awesome hun!!!
Can't wait to hear the news, could it be more DT, could it be more fluffs, new job, younger man . . . Oooooh, do tell. . .!!

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi Vicky,
You tease!!
WOW,love your glamorous card!
You love that nestie,don't blame you it's so nice.
Love, Mel. xx

Unknown said...

Cant wait to hear the news, god Im nosey hehe, absolutely stunning you do vintage very well, love it all.
Chris x

Lisa Jane said...

what a gorgeous vintage card - i love that stamp
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Angie said...

Hi Vicky don't wind your son up to much..lol. love your card it's got that real vintage look and the
Marylin image is perfect.
My hanglars have taken a bit of a back seat at the mo, i've been colouring the teddy bo images they are so cute.
Take care
Hugs Angie x

heidy said...

Oh wow Vicky,totally awesome vintage card,love it!
Hugs Heidy

Larisa said...

It is brilliant!!

Crafteezee said...

Gorgeous Vicky, I'm a real lover of Vintage, although I'm sure you know that already. Love this stamp, I just bought the Marilyn with the flying dress for my sister, just trying to learn how to ink them right, lol. She calls me the professional and I still can't do it. Love all the embellishments and agree Vintage needs loads. Can't wait to hear the news? Hugs Tracy x

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a real vintage card vicky.
I love it it's beautiful, love the picture too.
Well i'am waiting for that news you have.

greetings karin

Kirsty said...

I Vicky this one should be published on the front cover of a magazine . Such a good idea to use Munroe . I love the border frame tags well everything really out of this world
Kitty :D

Janette said...

Oh boy, you've gone to town and back on this one hun....it's amazing, so much to it, really fab card....I love it......can't wait to hear your news....exciting...lol...xxx

Donna said...

Oh my word vicky, this card is amazing and such beautiful and pretty added detail! The postcard and ticket are perfect for this vintage theme, beautifully done hun :) Donna x

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Vicky,What a wonderful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Heidi said...

I love it!
Gorgeous vintage card Vicky:) Beautiful image and great design. Perfect.
Can't wait to hear the fabby news sweetie.
Hugs, Heidi:)

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow!!! Sweetie this is awesome. I love this stamp and your layout is divine. I can't wait to find out your news!!! I need to hear someone having good news.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Vicky said...

OMG...this is truly amazing Vicky...that MM stamp is stunning and so are all your embellies hun...this certainly ROCKS!!

have a lovely afternoon..and thanks for your lovely comment on my SS card :o)

hugs Vicky xx

Marlies said...

What a gorgeous card!! I love vintage and this is a great vintage card!!
hugs, Marlies

THERESA said...

Girl, YOU GOT LICENCE to do Vintage, wow, i absolutely LOVE it!!!!
Cannot wait to hear(read),lol, the news..........:))
lotsa luv

CraftyC said...

Hi Vicky, what a gorgeous card you have made. embellishment overload and it looks great. Cant wait to hear your good news!
Clairexx

cardmaking bird said...

I love Marilyn Monroe and your card is just beautiful!!! Can't wait to hear your news!!! Tell me, tell me!!! Hugs, Marie xxx

Val said...

Hi Vicky

This is just fabulous. I just love the vintage stuff you do. Thanks so much for joining us at MAWTT. Please come back soon.

Love
Valxx

Janine - Ellabella said...

Gorgeous card Vicky :-) the image is beautiful and the papers, embellies and all the details are just perfect :-)

ohhh sorry i put two comment to one post, but i guess it doesn´t matter, because your work deserves more then one comment!!!!

Big Hugs Janine

Lotta said...

So beautiful card!

Mina said...

wow wow wow Vicky this dosent get any better...its such an amazing card, I love Marilyn Monroe when I was growing up I used to watch her movies on TV and wanted to be her...yeah right lol...defo deserves another couple of wows girl
Mina xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A gorgeous vintage card - love the stamped image and all the lush embellies. Thank you for taking part in the MAWTT recycling challenge. Sylvia x

Angela said...

Gorgeous Hun!! I love your Vintage style and that stamp is AWESOME along with all the embellisments and details you added. Sorry I have been so quiet, I have been crazy busy here. I don't hardly ver have s=time to stop and comment anymore. I thought by giving up 2 DT's I would have more time, but no that's not the case.
Oh and to comment on a comment you left about me giving up 2 DT's... No I will NEVER give up Sweet Pea Stamps. They are my FAVORITE STAMPS EVER and Lynette is soooooo good to me and she is the sweetest and most giving person I know. I am so blessed just to be on her DT. Sweet Pea was my first DT and my favorite and Sweet Pea will always come first with me. Then my second favorite is Crafts and Me as they both carry ny favorite kind of stamps.. Fantasy art is my favorite!!!!
Oh don't miss the hop today as there are more stamps to empty your wallet!!lol!! You are probably like me.. you want them ALL..

Hugs Sweetie,
Angela

xxxtglxxx said...

Just wonderful! :) What a fabulous iconic image, and the doily behind really echoes her dress. Classy and very stylish!



hugs

xxalisonxx

Bron said...

WOW this is just stunning. I love the vintage feel that you have greated and everyone of the embillies match it perfectly. Thanks for joining us Stamptacular we hope to see you again soon. Bron :D

Elise said...

Ohhh Vicky! This is absolutely GORGEOUSLY STUNNING! wow wow and WOOOOOW! sigh .. I think I am in love with this vintage look!!! hehe! You've done an AMAZING job with this hun!!! (You always do!!!)

Big Hugs,
Elise

Scatty Cards said...

A Fab card, thanks for joining us at creative craft xx

tiggertastic said...

this is just amazing and so different too, lovely work hunny

hope you have a lovely weekend,

Sarah-louise x

Susie Sugar said...

OMG Vicky this is so sassy I just love this Vintage Chic style of yours, I'm real glad I found your blog its so inspirational
Hugs Susie Sugar xx