My Lovely Friends

Sunday 16 January 2011

Something Simply Special For My Princess........

Good evening everyone I am back again for the last couple of days I've been on making something for my daughter Natalie. I've just been doing little bits here & there but tonight ploughed into it. I've got a tutorial to do for Monday its been planned for Crafts & Me so tonight I wanted to get this finished. Now as most of you know Natalie is severley disabled she requires 24 hour care & is totally dependant on me & hubby for all of her care. Well we are going to give her bedroom a complete make over. Dad is building a full wall to wall wardrobe to fit all of her stuff in, which is a lot lol. I ordered her new pink tv yesterday & we've even found one of the brackets that they have in hospitals so you can watch tv in bed....you know the ones that have the tv & phone on them. I have wanted one for ages cus Natalie hasn't got the best eyesight but I just thought of getting her a larger tv but then we found a store on the internet that does them for £300 which I thought was a really good price so got it straight away....I got sooooo excited I can tell ya lol. Anyway I am the one who does all decorating, designing the whole kit & kaboodle, dad does all the building & electrical work.....he is soooo good at it. Well now that I craft I wanted to make her a few bits & bobs for her room. So I'm starting with a door plaque. Her bedroom is gonna be pink & black, I want it girly for her but grown up with a touch of class as well if you know what I mean lol. I've always wanted a 4 poster bed but she has be in a bed similar to an hospital bed, the electric ones to higher & lower so I'm gonna build her a canopy make her drapes & things...it will be fab.
Right as I'm waffling again I am gonna show what I've made I have followed a sketch for it to combine it with a challenge cus I really like the sketch & I thought it was perfect....here is her bedroom door sign...

I have used 'Pillow Talk' Simply Sassy sugar nellie I know I have used her before & I should be really inking my others but this is the most perfect stamp for a girls bedroom dont you think. Also my daughter is a sassy girl lol. You can get Simply Sassy girls from here. The gem swirl was actually pink & blue so I coloured each blue one black with a black copic. The image has also been coloured with copics & then a couple of layers of heat embossing to help prolong the life & protect it. I even managed to get it look like a feather pillow could of been burst with little bits of white on the image.

The papers are Magnolia I brought them especially for Natalie, I got quite a few papers in pinks & a pink & black one cus I have a few alterables to decorate. The tag I made myself & printed it out, inked the edge & heat embossed it. The wooden heart is from my stash I just painted it white then inked the edge with 'Worn Lipstick' then stuck a pink gem love heart on which I got for crimbo, I also attached a pink flower to the side.

Here is some of that lovely seam binding this has the words on 'Love is all we need'.....which is perfect cus no amount of riches can replace love......as long as we have love then we have all our riches!!! I made 2 bows then glued them together. The button is card & I heat embossed it then threaded some bakers twine through it.

This is actually a small canvas that I decorated up the frame around the edge I made with A4 card & distress inks to make it look like wood, I also sprayed it with Crafters Companion spray & shine to give it a subtle sheen. This is the 1st time I've done this I was just playing about earlier in the week & this is what I came up with.....I used quite a few colours of distress inks lol.....but I'm quite pleased with it it does look so much better IRL.

Well this is the last piccy I'm so sorry about the long post. I do hope you like this. I was so nervous about doing this as I just want it to be perfect for Natalie who hasnt even seen it yet as she is fast alseep in bed which is where I'm going as soon as this is finished lol.....didnt realise it was so late....or early...???
I want to thank everyone for the wonderful comments I have received on my last 2 cards you are all fantastic I really do appreciate every single comment you leave & you all really make my day & make me smile... so from the bottom of my heart 'I THANK YOU' <<<>>>hugs to you all.
Take care my lovely friends, keep on smiling.

Challenges I'm Entering......
http://cupcakecraftchallenges.blogspot.com/ - Something New (new project)

Huggles


36 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty Vicky!
I bet it will look lovely on your daughter's door.
I see you have a badge link to my friend Katie's fund raiser. THANK YOU!
Thanks also for joining us this week @ Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings challenge!
I am now one of your followers.  ;)  I would love it if you came to visit my blog and become a follower too!
Hugs,
True :D

cardmaking bird said...

That's funny - was gonna ask you how Natalie was cos I've not heard about her for a while. Your plans for her bedroom sound exciting - can't wait to see pics when it's finished, I bet she's gonna be thrilled. Your door plaque is amazing, Natalie is going to LOVE it, I'm sure. You're such a lovely mum, you really are!! Hugs, Marie xx
P.S. You're up late!! (Mind you, so am I! LOL!)

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow vicky, what a beautiful doorplate.
your daughter will love this, i'am sure.
love the picture and your coloring and all the details you have put on.
you have make this with your heart, I can see that.

greetings karin

Debs said...

Oh Vicky hun this is absolutely stunning - a true work of art made with love. Natalie is sure to adore it!
Have a fab day
Debs xx

Vicky said...

Vicky this is gorgeous hun and Natalie will just love it! Her bedroom makeover sounds divine sweetie, and so pleased you found a bracket for the t.v, much better then buying a larger one :o)

Have fun playing/designer her bed!!

Hugs Vicky xx

Janine - Ellabella said...

Ohhh wow looks great. Love all the pearls and the image is so sweet!
Janine

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Vicky, what a stunning door hanger. I'm sure your daughter will love it! The sassy image is gorgeous and I love the colour scheme. Beautiful embellishments as always. Thanks for joining in with my “something new” challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Doreen said...

Hi Vicky well this looks amazing. I know you don't do things by halves so Natalies bedroom is bound to look stunning.I am sure she will love it.She is a lucky girl to have parents like you and your OH.xxx

Lizzy said...

Hiya hun! luvin the door plaque duck it's bloomin gorgeous...luv the lush colours...luv everything in fact and natalie will luv it. Your plans for her bedroom sound fantastic sweetie bet it will look divine when all finished.....piccy's please when done :D Natalie is one very lucky girl indeedy to have such a fabby mum n dad....bless :)

Take care babes xx Lizzy xx :)

Mel X said...

Fabulous card, love the colour scheme.

Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your Days Away. Good luck.

Mel X

Delphine said...

What a gorgeous door sign, Vicky! Fantastic image and wonderful details, so girly! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft Challenges and good luck! Delphine xx

Lindsey said...

Well this is fabulicious!
Lucky girl getting a bedroom makeover and pink and black too....very cool!
Now I'm going to let the KK thing go this time. It's not like I'm shy but I was only trying a pair of boots on when they took that piccie. Gawd, I wasn't even dressed! As I say I'm not shy and it's fine but if they want my bank details any royalties will be gladly recieved (I am hot aren't I!!!!!)
Right enough daydreaming Linds......!
xxx

Lindsey said...

PS You don't think my bum looked big in that did you?!

Robin said...

Love all the pretty detail! Thanks for playing with My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

Emma said...

So stunning and beautiful hun.
Hugs Emma x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Natalie's new room sounds like it's going to be a dream and this lovely plaque is the perfect gift! Hugs, Lesley

Kerry said...

Hi Vicky,

Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog last night.

Your door plaque (don't know if I have spelt it correctly, lol) is just beautiful. It has so much detail and you can tell that lots of time and effort has gone onto it.

I would love to have this on my door and I am sure your princess will love it.

Love Kerry xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is astounding Vicky. I am sure Natalie will love it. A lot of talent and hard work has gone into making this gorgeous plaque. You are a Mum in a million and all your children are very lucky to have you.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Lorraine said...

oh huni this is beautiful i think this is my fave sassy i have seen so far she is so cute,your daughter will love her new room too it sounds like its going to be great and so pleased you found the perfect tv for her i think i want her romm lol but i don't think she will want to give it up for anything its going to be beautiful xx

Pink Dandelion said...

Ooh this is gorgeous, I bet Natalie loves it. I love the Sassy's, just waiting for two at the moment. Can't wait to see what you do with Natalie's bedroom. -x-

angelwhispers said...

Vicky your post is so lovely what a super Mum you are Natalie is so lucky to have you and your loving family around her 24/7! The door plaque is just stunning and will look fabulous she will adore it as she will adore her bedroom what a special treat and to source the tv as well you really are one awesome "Mum"

You will post the picture of her room won't you, can't wait to see it!! Chanelle

Love & Hugs to you all xxxxx

denny said...

awww sorry babe i ment to leave you a comment this morning on your blogg but got side tracked well your daughter will love her bedroom i canrt wait to se more picys hun its exciting isnt it wen ya doin a room up i dont like the work but worth it in the end result hun and shes got a loverly mummy who really looks after her very well speek soon denny xxxx

coops said...

aw wow this is fantastic vicky.your daughter is going to love this and theres so much detail that i couldn`t possibly list all that i love.i love it all :D

xx coops xx

gina g said...

Wow Vicky this is beautiful Natalie will absolutely love it i'm sure. luv gina xx

Faye said...

Your colouring is totally, TOTALLY awesome. Thanks also for playing at Cupcake this week. xx

kaos said...

Such a gorgeous creation and your plans for your girl's room sound great - I am sure she'll love it and be very happy with it!

hugs
kaos

coldwaters2 said...

I have so enjoyed reading your post Vicky you and your hubby are wonderful parents and Natalie is going to be so thrilled with her new room, and the plaque is just pure perfection, oooo, I feel your excitement from here, lol.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Diane said...

Oh my,I'm sure your daughter will LOVE the frame and the room!!!! All your details in the frame are fabulous! It's great that you've found that TV! I just found your blog and boy oh boy,i'm happy I stumbled upon it!
Your work is STUNNING!!! Off to see more!

Heidi said...

Stunning!
It's so beautiful Vicky:) Natalie will love it.
Adorable image and your colouring is fantastic. Lovely details and design:)
Have a nice day!
Hugs, Heidi:)

BrossArtAddiction said...

So pretty, love your coloring and the adorable stamp you used! :D

♥Tracey♥...ƸӜƷ

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Hi hunnie, Natalie is just gonna love it!! Just love the image perfect for a girlie door plaque!

Hugs Stokie Shell xx

Kiki said...

So fantastic!!! I really love the Simply Sassy images and you've colored it perfectly! Great take on my sketch, too.

Thanks so much for playing with us in The Sugar Bowl.

Hugs, Kiki

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Wow, this is fabulous! Thank you for playing with us at Paper Play challenge! :)

Liza said...

A gorgeous card, I love the design. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Faye said...

Your bedroom plans sound brilliant. What a fabby Mummy you are. This door plaque is perfect and you've used just the right image. xxx

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card Vicky. Love the colouring of the image and the details also. Hugs
Michele x